These resources are intended for your personal growth. Please feel free to use them and share them with others. We will continue to add more as time permits.
We believe that Satan, through the avenues of the flesh and the world system, is constantly attacking our thoughts and truculently demanding that we conform to a secular acceptance of reality. For this reason, we believe strongly that our minds must actively be transformed through the written and Living Word of God.
We often have requests, such as, "where do I start if I want to get serious about my walk with Jesus." For those seeking the deeper life in Christ, we would recommend several things. First, prayerfully consider and read the Gospel of John.
You will also need to get serious with your study of the Word, both written and Living (the Bible and Jesus Himself). Sadly, the majority of professing Christians mistake knowledge about Jesus for a relationship with Jesus. What we encourage is a vital and intimate relationship with the God-man, Jesus. He is life and will give it to you if you truly seek Him!
Here’s where we would recommend that you start (note, it is vital that you read your Bible on a daily basis. Start with the Book of John, then Ephesians, Galatians, Philippians, and Acts. Don’t sacrifice your Bible reading for the reading of other books. The other books are meant to augment, not replace, your Bible study – ask Him to lead you through all of your reading, because He will!)
- First, read Authentic Christianity. This is a solid book on what it means to live the New Covenant.
- Second, read Spiritual Warfare. This book will bring you into the true nature of the battle and then help you understand how the Person of Christ is your armor!
- Third, read The Pursuit of God. This book will open your eyes to the deeper life in Christ, and will explain very important truths of the walk.
- Fourth, read The Normal Christian Life. This book will explain the life in Christ in clear and detailed language. An absolute must read!
- Fifth, read Mere Christianity. This book will challenge you to think through your life in Christ at a very provocative level.
If you've been a Christian for many years but there is just something missing, I'd highly recommend Release of the Spirit by Watchman Nee. This is an outstanding short book on how it is we become useful to God, which so many professing Christians don't understand.
Please don't hesitate to drop me a note if you have any further questions.
Ray Stedman (books)
Ray Stedman (audio files)
William R. Newell
Ravi Zacharias (audio files)
Charles Stanely on Brokenness (audio files)
LDS (Mormon) Helps
The Emergent Church